Accountable to: Portugal Business Development Manager.
Terms: full-time (negotiable), 1 year fixed term contract (extendable).
Salary: €20,000 – €25,000 annual salary, pro-rata, depending on experience.
To collaborate with the team in managing the improvement, quality control, testing and marketing of Smart Separations products.
You will be required to assist in business development activities as well as research activities, pushing products to move from TRL4 to TRL9. You will also be required to provide expert support in the characterisation and marketing of our products and in line with the company’s management strategy. You will need excellent communication skills and a strong passion and motivation for innovation and business growth. We are in a fast-moving industry and you should have great work ethics, self-motivation and a focus on delivering excellent service. It would be great if you already have international work experience and expertise in separations through membranes, in quality control and in good manufacturing practices. Ideally, you are located in the North region of Portugal. Travelling and/or short stays to our main facilities in the UK may be required.
We are a young, vibrant and exciting start-up company looking for new talent that can grow with us. Our ambition is to be the world’s leader in microfiltration technology. Our mission is to “improve quality of life through innovation” in the areas of health, the environment and human causes. We have won several awards since we were born in 2013, including a recent grant from Horizon 2020 SME Instrument Phase 2. Smart Separations is a limited company based in the UK, operating since 2013, and a subsidiary in Portugal since 2018. It has patented an innovative microfiltration technology to produce ceramic filters with controllable micron-sized pores ranging from 1 and 100 µm.
- Create and implement a vision and strategy for our microfiltration products.
- Gather intelligence about customer needs and desires, conduct market analyses and review product specifications and requirements.
- Liaise with the R&D and Manufacturing teams to iterate the products and prepare time-integrated plans for production, quality control and marketing of the products.
- Assist in product characterisation methods, requirements and specifications, contributing for product testing, prototyping, metric analysis and data insight.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders and partner with external stakeholders to engage with the broader microfiltration industry.
- Prepare and deliver reports.
- Use and update the companies’ software and tools to keep track of all tasks and duties.
- Participating in team meetings, online or offline.
All staff are expected to:
- Perform their work responsibly, conscientiously and to a high standard and to conduct themselves in accordance with the general rules and regulations of the company as notified from time to time;
- Promote the good name and the work of the organisation.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, procedures and other regulations agreed by the organisation.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to Equal Opportunities.
- Attend training, supervision, and meetings as required.
- Respond to emergencies outside office hours as required.
- Undertake any additional tasks that may be requested from time to time in keeping with the post.
- Observe and abide by the Staff Handbook, which will be made available to you.
- MSc level of education, ideally in the Engineering area (Chemical, Environmental, etc)
- Technical knowledge in the characterisation of materials and quality control.
- Know-how or desire to learn more about ISO standards & good manufacturing practices.
- Strong analytical skills, good at data management and report writing.
- Ability to handle input from stakeholders and using decision-making processes that are either data-validated, hypothesis-driven or experiment-tested.
- Empathetic with customers and curiosity about their problems and needs.
- Excellent communication skills and command of both Portuguese and English.
- Works towards high standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Team player and with can-do attitude.
Deadline for Application
6th September 2019.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.